Wednesday, March 12, 2014

As an engineer and self-proclaimed scientist/artist, I am always in search of new ways to express my creativity. I have pursued drawing and painting with marginal success and have since found my way to photography. Composition and processing photographs (particularly nature and landscape scenes) seems to be something that I see myself investing a lot of time in.

Enter astrophotography. Astrophotography combines two of my greatest passions, astronomy and photography. I can express my love for the universe through the capture and processing of nebulae and galaxies hundreds and thousands of lightyears distant. The joy I get from spending nights outside in the dark capturing images to the hours combining and processing the images into one, final, beautiful representation is inextinguishable.

This blog is dedicated to that art. These posts are defined by that science. What follows will be my experience and research into astronomy and astrophotography, what works for me, and what I can find works for others.

Comments are always welcome, as long as they are pertinent and tasteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment